Horizons program results are consistent and measurable, year over year and across the affiliated sites nationwide. Our students consistently demonstrate 2-3 months overall improvement in math and reading and are able to return to school in the fall with greater enthusiasm for learning.
- 93% of students return (year after year)
- 94% of students attend daily
- 6,900 healthy meals are served
- 185 total program hours are completed
- 72 hours of music instruction are completed
- 25 field trips are taken
- 1 hour of exercise per day is completed
- 300+ essential reading skills are learned in pre-K to Grade 3 including phonics awareness, fluency and comprehension
- 200+ books are donated to help students build their own personal home libraries
Students experience gains of 3-4 months (on average) in reading and math skills.
Students are reading and comprehending on grade level by the 3rd grade.
Students show improved attendance, academic performance, leadership skills, and classroom participation during the regular school year.
100% of students learn to swim.